Tuesday, May 13, 2014

Mentorship

IA Response to blog:
    Literal
Jason Parks, WEBB High School (909)560-7272
 
Mike Martinez Upland YMCA (909)996-1909
    Interpretive
     The most important thing I gained from this experience was getting a different point of view from basketball games. I usually play the game and get a view from the inside. But throughout my mentroship I was watching the game from the sidelines through a coach's perspective. I learned the reasons why coaches get mad during games, for example lazy players, and how to address those situations. Also, during practices, I picked up new skills and techniques to improve my game.
   Applied
What I did helped me answer my essential question because it allowed me to see what worked in games and what didn't work. For example, during one of the games, our team was getting beat on the zone defense so we switched it to man defense and they did better. And in another game, our team was getting beat on man defense, so we switched to zone. It helped me understand how to play the game strategically. Also, I had two mentors which gave me two coaching perspectives. I asked a lot of the same questions to both of my mentors and both of them gave me different but good information. Having two mentors actually benefited me. I actually used both of my mentors answers to my essential question as my final answers to my essential question. They were both very helpful in answering my essential question and supporting their answers.

No comments:

Post a Comment