Wednesday, May 28, 2014

Senior Project Reflection

(1) Positive Statement

What are you most proud of in your Block Presentation and/or your senior project? Why?
I am most proud of the amount of time I was able to talk about my topic. I talked way over the minimum requirement. I was proud because I usually find myself forgetting to mention points in my presentations, but I was able to easily explain to the class everything I wanted to with ease.

(2) Questions to Consider

a.     What assessment would you give yourself on your Block Presentation (self-assessment)?

AE       P          AP       CR       NC

b.     What assessment would you give yourself on your overall senior project (self-assessment)?

AE                AP       CR       NC

(3) What worked for you in your senior project?
I think what worked for me was the fact that I had two mentors during the year. Having to mentors was very helpful because it allowed me to see and understand different playing styles, coaching styles, and most importantly, different opinions. Especially with a topic that has many ways of doing things, having two mentors really helped me understand which ways were better and which weren't.
(4) (What didn't work) If you had a time machine, what would have you done differently to improve your senior project if you could go back in time?
If I could go back, I would have told myself to do more research and interviews than the minimum requirement. Having a lot of information to choose from would have widened my field view and could have possible lead to me choosing different, better answers.
(5) Finding Value

How has the senior project been helpful to you in your future endeavors?   Be specific and use examples.
This project has shown me how to do better, more professional research. I think that's what I got the most out of this project. Finding the three answers took lots of research and interviews for me to decide what my answers would be. But when it came time to present, I was easily able to back up what I was saying with articles, books, interviews, and mentorships. I will use this new skill this project has taught me whenever I have to write papers in college.

No comments:

Post a Comment